What is a Gifted Child?
Saturday, April 5 from 9:00 a.m. to noon at Steppingstone
Parents, there will be valuable information even for those who already recognize that their child is gifted. We ask that you attend to support others and be a resource for those who are new to the subject of being gifted and gifted education. Your experience and knowledge may help someone find the best education solution for their gifted child.
What to Expect:
- 4 experts will examine and discuss the behavioral characteristics of the gifted, IQ Testing and School Selection.
- Audience members will have an opportunity to ask questions.
- Register for one on Eventbrite and bring your spouse or significant other for free. You can also register by calling the school at (248) 957-8200.
- Continental breakfast will served.
- Registration begins at 8:30, speakers begin at 9:00 a.m.
On the Agenda:
- Katherine Okla, psychologist, on General Characteristics and Needs
- Dr. Adam Plotnik, psychologist on Specific Characteristics, ADHD and Learning Disabled
- Pat LaPat, psychologist on Demystifying IQ Testing
- Heather Gutterman, teacher on How to Pick a School for your Gifted Child.
Please contact Donna Coffin or Kiyo Morse with any questions about the event. Phone: (248) 957-8200. We hope to see you there!