Only Two More Opportunities to Test
Registration Deadline is May 6
June 7 SAT®
June 14 ACT®
Dear NUMATS Advocate,
You are in a unique position to help gifted students and, particularly, to identify low-income, high-ability students for gifted services.
There are very good reasons to register for Northwestern University’s Midwest Academic Talent Search (NUMATS) and take the ACT and/or SAT in June:
- Research shows that low-income gifted students perform best at the end of the school year.
- Students have received a full school year of instruction so it’s a great time to measure both cognitive ability and academic growth.
- Students who qualify for free or reduced-price lunch can test at no cost.
Remember, testing is just the first step. The true value of NUMATS comes in the follow-up information, tailored resources, and planning tools that educators and families receive in their password-protected, online NUMATS Toolbox account.
So please encourage students in grades 6-9 to register now at www.ctd.northwestern.edu/numats/register.
For more information:
- Visit our website at www.ctd.northwestern.edu/numats.
- Download Coordinator Handbook 2014 and Family Handbook 2014.
- E-mail us at email@example.com.
- Call us at 847/491-3782 ext. 3.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Rhoda Rosen, PhD