Annual Conference 2014
It’s Not Too Late!
Fantastic speakers in a fabulous setting…REGISTER NOW!
Additionally, gifted education expert Dr. Ellen Fiedler will present two sessions, including, “Parenting Gifted Kids: Issues and Answers.” Dr. Fiedler will explore issues that commonly confront parents of gifted children and provide practical suggestions for dealing with the multitude of concerns they encounter along the way. Dr. Fiedler’s second presentation will be “Gifted Adults.”
You can also learn about:
- Common Core – What Is It and Is It Enough for Gifted Students? – Kelly Schultz
- Posing Powerful Questions to Engage and Transform the Intellect – Art Costa
- Advocacy That Works – Sherry Sparks
- How to Create a Student Profile for the Identification of Gifted Learners – Beth Still
- Growing Up Gifted: Students’ Reflections on Teaching, Learning, and Being – Christie McWilliams
- What’s Uncommon about the Common Core? Examining the Implications of Standards-Based Instruction in the English Classroom – Rosalyn Shahid
- The Challenges of Teaching Gifted Children: What Works – Keiko Morse
- Alternative Programming for the Gifted: Successful Examples – Susan Sheth & Kelly Schultz
- Abuses (and Smarter Uses) of Assessment in an Era of Accountability – Kathee McDonald
- Renzulli Learning: Using Technology to Amplify What Teachers are Doing – Jessica Schofield
- GT/LD or Twice Exceptional: What It’s Really Like– Kelley Senkowski
If you are a parent, educator, or friend of gifted children, this conference is for you! Register now and share this information with others!
Date: Saturday, October 11, 2014
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Michigan State University
Eli Broad School of Business
East Lansing, MI
MAGC Members: $50
Student Registration: $25
(must provide current semester’s schedule)
SCECHs: $5 (available during registration)
Registration includes gourmet food stations for lunch, vendors, contact with gifted school representatives, and give-aways!
For more information, please visit:http://migiftedchild.org/conference/
To register, go to: Conference Registration